Table of Contents:
Building The Future of Freelance Software / slashdev.io
iOS App Development/
iOS is an excellent choice for building your app. In the Western World it is the majority of the market and across the board it is the highest revenue section of the market.
iOS Is Most Of The Market In The Western World
As of September 2021, there were an estimated 1.65 billion active iOS devices in the world, according to Statista.
In terms of revenue generated by iOS apps, the App Store is a highly lucrative platform for app developers. According to Sensor Tower, global App Store consumer spending hit a record of $72.3 billion in 2020, representing a 30% increase from the previous year. The majority of this revenue comes from in-app purchases and subscriptions, with gaming apps being the largest revenue generator.
Why Build Your App In iOS
- Large user base: As mentioned earlier, there are over 1.65 billion active iOS devices in the world. This represents a huge potential market for your app.
- High user engagement: iOS users tend to be highly engaged with their devices and apps. They are more likely to spend money on in-app purchases and subscriptions, making the platform a lucrative one for developers.
- Consistent user experience: Because iOS is a closed ecosystem with a limited number of devices, it’s easier to create a consistent user experience across different devices and versions of the operating system.
- Strong security: iOS has a reputation for strong security, which can be important if your app deals with sensitive user data.
- Robust development tools: Apple provides a suite of robust development tools, including Xcode, Swift, and Objective-C, which make it relatively easy to develop high-quality apps for the platform.
Of course, there are also some potential downsides to developing for iOS, such as the strict app review process and the fact that Apple takes a cut of all app revenue. However, for many developers, the benefits outweigh the drawbacks.